Monday, October 24, 2016

A Little Modeling Never Hurt?

Hey everyone!

Ah, Mod 1. I heard quite a bit about 20.109 from past .109ers before I signed up for this class. Everyone told me this class was worth 15 units for a reason. Everyone had some nightmare-ish story about 20.109 projects and deadlines that still scared them to this day. I remember coming in for the first day of lab and hearing Leslie give us a disclaimer about how this module was brand new and that we should collectively anticipate the bumps we'd probably encounter along the way. And I even though I smiled and politely chuckled at this, I immediately thought back to everything I had heard about this course. I kept it cool on the outside, but I kinda felt like this on the inside:


It's safe to say I was a little bit nervous. But honestly, I didn't realize how cool this class was going to be. It's super exhausting and time-consuming, but it really feels like the staff is right there chugging alongside us. You never feel like you're in this alone. This class already feels like the most intimate class I've been in at MIT. Module 1 went by surprisingly smoothly looking back on it now. Of course, there was a bit of a learning curve and it really felt at times like there was no end in sight to the work being assigned to us. But I've already felt like I've taken more away from this course than I have most courses I've taken so far here. So I'm pretty excited for what these next couple modules have in store for us!

Also, totally unrelated note here, but if anyone needs a model who specializes solely in lab settings, feel free to send me an email or follow me on Instagram. I specialize at looking at really small things super intently and making science look more complicated than it really is. I'm easy to work with and overly-enthusiastic about being photographed. If you're looking for references, contact the nice folks over at MIT admissions. I'm pretty booked right now, so the sooner you contact me, the better :)

--Sami K

No comments:

Post a Comment