Friday, December 9, 2016

20.109 was oh so fine...


20.109 was my favorite class at MIT so far. The hands-on aspect was so much more educational than straight lectures and having close contact with the instructors was a valuable way to learn more about the field and possibilities for our futures. I learned a ton this semester and every new mod we did greatly expanded my view of the field of Bioengineering and made me that much more excited to go out and work in bioengineering after MIT. I really appreciate all the extra times you guys gave us in the form of office hours, reviewing material and promptly answering even the stupidest questions at 9pm by email. My favorite module was the CRISPR module (minus the online mapping). Getting to design the target and guide RNA felt like doing real science and it was a great experience.  Also the novel research presentation was an interesting exercise, at first I was frustrated and daunted but in the end it was fun and cool designing a research project and getting to explore your area of interest.  Overall this was an amazing class and having gained some lab experience and exposure to various techniques/ methods I feel ready to go out and work in a real lab. Thank you again, Leslie, Angie, Bevin, Noreen, Sean, Maxine and Emily for all your effort and help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment