Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Thoughts on Module 3


We looked. We looked again. Why was there so much gold?
My heart started beating faster. Did we screw something up? Was it our fault?



I really enjoyed Mod 3 despite the, let’s call it, “Gold Conundrum.” While all the modules were incredibly exciting, this module stood out to me the most because of how obvious and straightforward the real-world applications of phage-batteries were. (It also helped that I could take my phage-battery baby home with me) I wish we could have done more experiments and in general focused a little more on this project instead of the research proposals. I felt like we weren’t exploring this topic as deeply as topics in the previous modules.


When I realized that we would be presenting our own research idea, I was terrified. None of my previous classes had given us so much leeway to create something original. To be honest, I didn’t think I had the knowledge and experience to propose a novel project. But, after I read some CRISPR papers, ideas came on their own, so much so that I felt surprised by myself. For the
first time I can really envision myself as a future researcher.

On that note, I'ma leave you with a parting meme:





No comments:

Post a Comment