Tuesday, December 13, 2016

20.10Fiiiinneeee

The title of this blog is the name of the Facebook chat we have for this class--fun fact. I didn't come up with it. It's a thing we do for most classes (i.e. 8.0DONE, 3.09FUN) in order to minimize the pain and suffering a little bit through rhyme.

I say that jokingly. This class was not pain and suffering. Sure, there are plenty of assignments. I think it is arguably work 18 units instead of 15, but ultimately, I feel like I have learned a significant amount and had fun doing it

We chatted about a lot of our comments today in the lunch/lecture. By the way, Professor Belcher, thank you so much for these mugs! They're actually incredible and I am going to nerd out and use it all the time.

The work in this class taught me how I can be a better collaborator. I am sorry, Sylvia, for always being so busy. I did my best to put our projects at the front of everything. I know that didn't always work out like I planned :/ I really was gifted with the best lab partner though.

This class opened my eyes to lots of things I now understand I should be putting more effort into practicing, like public speaking and Journal Club presentations. I am realizing just how much editing I should be doing to my writing and that I need to get started much further in advance than I was previously accustomed to doing.

The best part of this class was definitely the staff. Everyone else in the class felt similarly. All of the people involved care so deeply about each of the students and making sure we understand how to get where we need and want to be without trying to scare us. It really was a joy to spend 10+ class, lab, and office hours time with you all each week.

I know I said I don't really understand the point of these blog posts, but they're sort of fun to write. The lack of structure and formality is a nice break from the typical criteria we have to meet in any of the classes offered at MIT, even the writing ones.

Hopefully, I will see you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment