Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I'm going to miss this class :'(

I don't quite understand how the semester is already over (essentially), but somehow here we are. It's kinda bittersweet--while I'm glad I'm done with work (for the most part), I will truly miss this class. I already miss it :(

I've learned so much in this class. What bioengineering really is (wow CometChip wow CRISPR wow viruses), how to present on a paper for Journal club, and how to generate novel project proposals. Just listing those things made me again realize the far-reaching extent of this class.



Speaking of project proposals, It was really exciting coming up with our own idea and figuring out ways to approach our goal (many literature searches later). There were so many potential holes in our logic, but I'm glad we were able to work through it. Thank you so much for being so helpful with giving us feedback and suggestions! I have so much respect for all PIs who are able to do this on a constant basis.

HUGE thanks to all the staff and professors involved in making 20.109 an awesome class. Thank you for putting in so much time outside of class to help make 20.109 run as smoothly as it did. And importantly, thank you all so much for truly caring about us. Whether it was the random snacks or recognizing when we were all burnt out, I don't think I've ever been in a class where the staff cared for us so much.

This class was a ton of work, but I loved the class and will miss it dearly. My partner mentioned this as we left our feedback lunch yesterday and I couldn't agree more--it felt like we were leaving home. It's not often that I feel like I will miss a class and the staff. 20.109 will always have a special place in my heart as the class that made me a bioengineer.



No comments:

Post a Comment